I am always on the lookout to make recipes that are amazingly delicious that just happen to be healthier too. This is the easiest no bake sweet that can made in under 10 minutes with the added perk of being free of flours and white sugar.
No Bake Nutella Balls (dairy free, gluten free)
¾ cup roasted & unsalted hazelnuts, skins removed
¼ cup rolled oats*
1/3 cup Medjool dates, pitted, chopped & cold (~8-10 dates)
2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate*, cold
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon prepared coffee
½ teaspoon sea salt
*For gluten free diets use oats labelled as gluten free
*For dairy free diets use bittersweet chocolate without any milk solids
1. Place hazelnuts in a food processor and grind until fine and crumbly, about 30 seconds. Remove ¼ cup of hazelnut crumbs and set aside.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients into the food processor and process until mixture forms into a ball on the blade, about 2-3 minutes. Occasionally, stop the processor to scrape down the sides.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough, using your hands to roll into tablespoon size balls.
4. Gently roll the balls into the remaining ¼ cup hazelnut crumbs for an even coating.
5. Store in in refrigerator. Place in freezer for about 10 minutes before serving.